Are You a Business Romantic?
The Business Romantic Society is looking for a full-time Business Romantic to join its global team!
Reporting to the Chief Business Romantic Officer, the Business Romantic will help colleagues, customers, partners, and society at large see the beauty of the business world with fresh eyes.
Embracing hope as a strategy, the Business Romantic is a humanist who presents cohesive narratives that make sense of evermore complex and fragmented workplace and market conversations.
Instead of focusing on assets and return-on-investment, the Business Romantic will expose the hidden treasures of business and deliver return-on-community.
S/he considers business to be a powerful vehicle for creating richer human experiences that mean more and honor our full ‘un-quantified selves’ rather than just catering to our ‘quantified selves’ and self-interests.
In light of that, the Business Romantic develops, designs, and implements ‘acts of significance’ that restore trust in business as the most impactful human enterprise and provide internal and external audiences with fulsome customer and workplace experiences that are delightful, meaningful, and fun.
We’re looking for a self-starter with strong entrepreneurial drive, exquisite taste, and a proven track record of managing the immeasurable.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Carving out spaces for the artful and playful at work
• Elevating day-to-day interactions and transactions to experiences that are ‘greater than ourselves’
• Finding meaning in the seemingly mundane
• Shifting organizational and brand cultures from utilitarian/transactional to generous and interactional
• Creating zones of discomfort and ‘critical events’ that replace convenience with friction
• Doing things for no reason (because s/he can) and taking part in joyous, aimless activities such as cloud-spotting, mystery meetings, or result-free conversations
• Conceiving of and implementing “passion projects”
• Going on regular hikes with the CFO
• Providing leadership to other romantics at the workplace
• 5-10 years of experience in romanticizing business, ideally in various industries
• Masters of Business Romanticism (MBR) or equivalent degree or experience
• Ability to instantly fall in love with ideas, memes, and projects
• Ability to ignore Big Data and instead rely on Big Intuition
• Comfortable with high levels of ambiguity and unpredictability
• Comfortable with giving chance a chance
• Excels at empathy and generosity
• Vivid imagination and appreciation for beauty, even in spreadsheets
• Ability to enable and cultivate deep connections with colleagues, customers, partners, media, and society at large
• ‘Thick’ but relaxed presence
• Risk-taker and adventurer
• Obsessive attention to details (because fixing a typo can change the world)
• Ability to understand routine activities as acts of love
• Ability to have secrets and keep them
• Exceptional devotion to the unknown
• Favors authenticity over objective truth
• Daydreamer who gets big things done
• Fluent in English and German romantic literature, experience in writing poems a plus
• Sense of humor (as appropriate)
If you match this profile or are romantic in ways we could not imagine, we look forward to hearing from you!
DOWNLOAD The_Business_Romantic_Job_Description (PDF)
APPLY AND SEND YOUR RESUME to email@example.com