A More Beautiful Life
Tim appeared in an episode of the Impact Journey podcast series.
Conversations with hidden heroes making big societal change. Many of us want to make life better for others and the planet. Few people devote their life to it. Even fewer try to tackle the big systemic issues, like climate change, inequality, consumerism. In years working at the intersection of impact and strategy, Julia S. has been fascinated by these hidden heroes. Beyond what they’re doing, we explore how they got here, how they keep going, what they’re still learning. Join the conversation, and inspire your own impact journey.
In business, how much is beauty in your life? What about art, music, science, activism? Tim Leberecht co-founded the House of Beautiful Business as a space for this unexpected mix, to challenge us to be more human.
THE IMPACT. Tim Leberecht:
- Is co-founder and co-CEO of the House of Beautiful Business, a global think tank and community bringing together leaders and changemakers to make humans more human and business more beautiful
- Was chief marketing officer of NBBJ, a global design and architecture firm; and chief marketing officer of product design and innovation consultancy Frog Design
- Has several popular TED Talks, including “3 Ways to (Usefully) Lose Control of Your Brand” and most recently “4 Ways to Build a Human Company in the Age of Machines”
- Is the author of the book The Business Romantic, and most recently, The End of Winning
THE JOURNEY. In our conversation, we explore:
- Early influences – art, creativity, curation, creating spaces and experiences
- Creating the House – a secret society, an experiment to put beauty at the center of business
- A challenge to bridge – words / ideas and action / specificity
- Thinking about our role – a thought leader vs. a critic and challenger
- Adapting – creating experiences and intimacy from a physical space to a metaphorical space